DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship in Germany New 2024 Fully Funded Study in Europe. DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship is one of Europe’s prestigious programs for outstanding international students to pursue a master’s degree in Germany. This international scholarship enables young students to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries. Moreover, students can gain education in law, economics, political science, economics, and administration.
The Helmut Schmidt Scholarship is offered to highly qualified graduates from developing and emerging countries passionate about pursuing a master’s degree in Germany. The fully funded scholarship program is open to students from various academic disciplines, including political science, law, economics, and public administration. DAAD Helmut Schmidt scholarship aims to enhance young students’ leadership skills. It focuses on grooming quality professionals who can take future decisions. Scholars will work together as a team with fellow participants. For more Scholarship / jobs please Click Here.
German land is diverse and has a long tradition of intellectual practices. A multicultural environment will help to be more inclusive. Projects on the development of the Global South will be discussed. Areas of social, cultural, economic, and political backgrounds will be discussed. In addition, a lot of benefits are provided with this fully funded German scholarship. The two-year Germany scholarship includes travel, food, and tuition fee allowances. Furthermore, students receive a monthly stipend and research grant. DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship in Germany is an excellent opportunity for international students to pursue a master’s degree in one of the European countries to achieve academic and professional goals. Therefore, students must not miss DAAD Scholarship for Developing Countries to study in Germany. Further details about this scholarship are provided below. For more information please visit website.
List of courses for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship
DAAD Helmut Schmidt fully funded scholarship 2023 is a diverse degree program. Various courses are included in social sciences, economy, law, and administration. These courses are as follows:
- Social Protection
- Development and Governance
- Public Policy
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Management in Non-Profit Organizations
- Development Studies
- Governance and Public Policy
- Public Management
Host Universities DAAD Helmet Schmidt scholarship is a joint venture by multiple institutes. A number of academic institutes are included, which will take in selected students. Students will study for two years at their respective universities. These host institutes are as follows:
- Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt
- University of Magdeburg
- Hochschule Osnabrück
- University of Passau
Deadline is 31 July, 2023
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Eligible Regions: Albania, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Belarus, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Côte d’Ivoire, Pakistan, Palestinian territories, Syria Tunisia, Yemen, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verd, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo Democratic, Republic, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Kosovo, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé und Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, India, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, North Korea, Papua N. Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Cook Islands, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Latin Am, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, Bhutan, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Timor-Lest, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Lucia, Vin. & Gre., Suriname, Venezuela.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record to apply for a fully funded scholarship in Germany.
- Students from an educational background in social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy, economics, and administration can apply.
- They must have relevant work experience.
- Furthermore, students passionate about pursuing economic and social development globally can apply.
- Applicants must belong to the developing countries mentioned above to apply for the Helmut Schmidt scholarship.
Main DAAD selection criteria:
- Previous academic results of the study so far.
- Language proficiency.
- Applicants must be from one of the developing countries.
- A convincing description of the personal motivation for the study project in Germany and the expected benefit when returning to the country of origin.
- The most recent university degree must be obtained before applying for the scholarship in the last six years.
- Applicants who have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the application deadline are not considered eligible.
- All the master’s courses have other additional requirements that the applicants must meet in any case.
DAAD Scholarship Benefits:
- Students will receive a monthly scholarship of € 934 for the master’s program.
- Tuition fee exemption.
- Contributions to health insurance.
- Travel allowance for round-trip travel from the country of origin to Germany.
- Grant for studies and research.
- Monthly rental subsidy when appropriate.
- Subsidies for spouses and/or children when appropriate.
- Six months German language course (check the pandemic guidelines).
- In addition, academics are invited to participate in different networking events.
- Copy of transcript.
- Signed checklist form.
- DAAD application form.
- A single letter of motivation.
- CV in reverse chronological order.
- Language certificates (English or German).
- Copies of the higher education degree certificate.
- Written reference from employer or a university lecturer.
- Work experience, internship, volunteer work or professional experience certificate.
- Applications must be submitted in German or English.
- Indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme (master’s scholarships for public policies and good governance).
- You can submit your application for up to two master’s courses listed below.
- Complete the application form for study grants only once, clarifying your course of study and your second priority.
- Write a single motivation letter for your chosen two college courses, justifying your first and second priority.
- Send the DAAD scholarship form along with the motivation letter and the necessary documents listed above to the two universities of your choice.
- DO NOT send it to DAAD.
- Applicants should submit the application for the master’s course at the university as instructed.
- The DAAD Helmut Schmidt scholarship application deadline in Germany is 31 July 2023.
Selection Criteria for DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship:
- The selection committee of university professors and DAAD representatives meet and suggests applicants for a DAAD scholarship.
- DAAD contacts the suggested students to upload their completed applications to the DAAD Portal.
- Note: Be sure to prepare a copy of each document of your application, as these documents (as PDF files) should be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case a DAAD scholarship is suggested!